Sunday, July 29, 2007

non-responder

hi, my name is joe... and i'm a non-responder.

there are many of you out there, waiting for something, anything, from me. i know it. you know it. we all feel it. but mostly me. truthfully, you've probably known me long enough that you're not really waiting anymore. you probably know that it takes me awhile to process the crap, to have that conversation in my head so i can see where it will end up, to respond to the other 3 people that are in line before you. Actually there are more like 11 people in line before you, sorry. and eventually i will get to them all, but not today. and not yesterday.

today i woke up sore. yesterday i over did it, and went to bed with music lulling me to sleep (or trying) for the first time in many many years. and went to bed worried that my muscle aches were a bit too familiar, for the first time in many many years. went to bed with dirty feet from playing horseshoes barefoot in the dirt. went to bed on clean sheets that deserved more respect than that. went to bed alone, at least until the cat stole the corner next to my pillow again. went to bed worried about all there was to respond to the next day.

but for whatever reason, i decided to write here instead, rather than write out responses to the myriad of people that i imagine are waiting, but are probably just enjoying their Sunday morning calm the same as i am.

soon. i swear.

1 Comments:

At 7/30/2007 3:04 PM, Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Well, of course you know that I am one of the waiting ones, but I shall be very, very patient (as you have always been to me). :)

Enjoying the Sunday morning calm? heheh Ours was anything but calm, as I spent the morning at the urgent care place...it seems both girls have come down with mono...yikes. I'm glad to hear that you had a bit of calm though, and I hope the soreness didn't last too long.

I'll be here waiting when you finally get caught up on things, no hurry of course, but looking forward to hearing from you. Posting a little update here was a terrific idea though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home