Monday, October 23, 2006

everybody's a winner, but especially me

Just when you thought your Monday was just too much to handle... the tides suddenly turn.

Okay, maybe that's being overly dramatic, but when you're living La Dolce Vita and your Monday isn't so hot, and then you drop your favorite coffee cup... well, you get the picture.

Anyways, the brighter news was that yours truly was chosen as the winner of a little internet contest over on Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands. I guess the PR people for Marie Antoinette (the movie, not the beheaded chick herself) had music bloggers run contests for their readers to help promote the movie and music. So how did i win....?

Max Fischer: I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Dr. Peter Flynn: These are O.R. scrubs.
Max Fischer: Oh, are they?

Yep, classic quote from a classic movie, and all i had to do was pluck it out and post it, and i get a CD, a poster, and some nail polish from some PR department. Thanks to Chad. I'll be sure to share my winnings with everyone when they come in; maybe some picts of my nails painted with the polish and some stolen tracks from the CD over on my music blog.


and lastly, go checkout Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands if you haven't already. he has great taste, as evidence by all of the Elliott Smith posts and the recent [legal] link to Damien Rice's new album, weeks before it comes out in the stores.

,

1 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 2:19 PM, Blogger my imperfect offering said...

How cool! Congratulations!! OMG, I just love that movie, so that makes the win all the more thrilling, IMO. :)

Must go check out the Damien Rice link immediately...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home