Thursday, August 02, 2007

I just saw a shooting star, and I don't know what to wish for. There are 3 or 4 things, and I really can't decide.

I just left dinner with bunch of friends & coworkers. One of the out-of-town guest had an obvious interest in me. She has a boyfriend back home so I don't worry about it too much. But I wonder, and I don't have an answer to my own questions.

I'm parked at a spot off the highway, up on the hill heading outside of town. A place where teenagers go to learn about each other & themselves. A place where I spent a lonely night sleeping in my car, not knowing where I was at or (more importantly) where I was headed. Before I knew what Fillbrook seats were, or why the homeless were so insane, or where best to lay my head.

Lately I'm reminded of those nights in the space between, not feeling at home anywhere. Knowing I could say the word, take it all back, and find a place to lay my head again. But not feeling okay there. Or anywhere really for that matter.

It's not the best place to find yourself, but not the worst either. Just where i find myself right now. As one person said earlier today, at least a bridge didn't fall on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home